What You Need to Know About NCFA Member Agencies


The time has come to expose the foibles of member agencies of National Council For Adoption, the organization that makes the following claim on its website (since removed):

"For 30 years, NCFA has been the authoritative voice for adoption. Our research and education programs have led the way to promoting sound, ethical adoption policies and practices that have enabled children to find nurturing, permanent families through adoption."

Spotlighting a large number of NCFA member agencies on this blog does not imply that all NCFA members conduct themselves in ways that call to question their "sound, ethical adoption policies and practices." However, a whole is always equal to the sum of its parts – all of its parts.


The issues dealt with on this blog stretch far beyond ethical adoption policies and practices. They involve public trust, credibility, authenticity of purpose, and common human decency.


As you read the accounts of NCFA member agencies here, ask yourself how they reflect the "sound, ethical adoption policies and practices" touted by the trade organization that represents them before legislatures throughout the country.


Before we begin, however, I invite you to explore the origins of this organization. We need to begin with how adoption policies and practices relative to adoptee rights morphed from being deemed "sacred" to being deep-sixed to shield private adoption agencies from accountability and liability. In the process, what was "best for the child" became severely tainted by the business of adoption. And a business it is! A multi-billion dollar annual business!


NCFA was formed to protect, enhance and perpetuate that business.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Adoptions by Choice: First Degree Grand Theft

I pondered in the previous post why agencies might be attracted to membership in National Council For Adoption (NCFA), an organization formed for the specific purpose of preventing adoptees from learning the truth of their origins. One reason for the attraction may be demonstrated by the agency I'm featuring today.

Consider: If adoptive families and families of birth could be prevented from coming in contact with one another at some future time, they can't compare notes on their adoption process or the agency that brokered it. The adoptive parents can't learn, for example, that the exorbitant amount of money they paid for "birth mother expenses" went, instead, into the pocket of the agency's director. The birth mother can't reveal to the adoptive parents that her medical expenses, in fact, had been paid by private insurance or Medicaid. It makes the deal just so much sweeter for the agency if these little insignificant details don't have to surface.

So must have thought Debra West, director of Adoptions By Choice, of Tampa, Florida, who pleaded guilty in 2008 to defrauding dozens of adoptive parents out of $178,000 for bogus birth mother medical and living expenses. Had it not been for the discovery of these phony charges by agency employees, and their reporting same to law enforcement, West might just have gotten away with it - at least a little longer.

Being a member of an organization that lobbies to protect agency secrets like hers surely would be worth the annual membership dues.

Although the criminal charges brought against West were for thefts that occurred from specific dates from 2002 to 2005, her activities allegedly stretched back to the mid-1990s. An article in the St. Petersburg Times reports:
Also, Thursday's arrest is not the first time ABC's finances have come to the attention of law enforcement.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office investigated ABC in the mid 1990s after former ABC workers complained that adoptive parents were often charged for bogus birth mother expenses. In one case, a Pinellas judge threw out $30,000 in supposed medical expenses when ABC could not provide documentation.
One former worker told authorities that she discovered several copies of "checks" to mothers in her files that couldn't match up with bills because they were written out of sequence.
The investigation was dropped because the adoptive parents, who were the alleged victims, refused to cooperate.
Reclaimed Babies
In addition to West's fraud and theft, there was the matter of the 11 infants her agency had to take back from adoptive placements due to her trying, unsuccessfully, to outfox birth fathers. Still another case – 'Baby Sam' – made U.S. headlines for five years, as the father and adoptive parents battled for custody in the courts in two states. According to one news account,
"West and ABC's lawyer knew about the (father's custody) suit, but pushed the adoption through in Tampa anyway without telling Hillsborough authorities."
This same account quotes a former agency employee who worked with mothers:
"At ABC, you did whatever the girl wanted," Free said. "I didn't ask her about the birth father or anything. I never knew it was important."
One of ABC's father-bypass tricks was used in the Baby Sam case. According to the news account mentioned just above,
His biological mother went to ABC a few weeks before the birth and said she didn't know who the father was, which was a lie. State law required ABC to seek out the father with newspaper ads. Though Baby Sam's mother lived in Pinellas County, ABC advertised for an unknown father in a small paper that circulates only in Hillsborough County.
"We publish in the county where the agency is located,'' West said.
Social Worker Tells it Like it Was
So how about ABC's treatment of mothers? Is it possible this agency had the protection of birth mothers' "confidentiality" in mind when they hooked elbows with NCFA, stalwart keeper of birth mother virtues?
That question would be humorous if it weren't so monumentally preposterous.
Two former ABC social workers described conditions of their employment thus:
...they said birth mothers were pressured to give up babies, sometimes by workers who stood by their side as labor coaches.
"Every time a girl chose to keep the baby, we were called into the office and asked: What did you do wrong?'' said St. Petersburg resident Christy Hallas, who worked at ABC from 1990 to late 1992.
And this:
In her last case, Hensley said, a birth mother was in labor when the father called to say she had changed her mind about adopting. Assistant director Nancy Nagelhout "told me to offer her services as a labor coach to further enhance her bond to me,'' Hensley said. "She reminded me how I would be saving a child from a terrible life.''
After Hensley refused, she said, Nagelhout drove to the hospital, two counties away, trying to secure the mother's signature.
"When a girl went to the hospital, you basically went there and you camped out,'' said Clearwater resident Elise Free, a birth mother worker who left at the end of 1993. "I remember not feeling comfortable. But I felt pressure from Debra and Nancy. You were to sign a surrender as soon as possible. The sooner the better because you didn't want her to change her mind.''
Another Ponzi Shell Game


Like Commonwealth Adoptions International (previous post), Adoptions By Choice made no secret of the fact that the only way they could keep afloat was to bring in more paying clients on the front end of the operation.
As a result of the debacle that was the Baby Sam case, both the father and the adoptive parents sued Adoptions By Choice and won settlements of confidential amounts. (The father also sued ABC's attorney for $1.1 million and received a separate settlement from him.) However, according to the St. Petersburg Times, Jan. 23, 2001:
It's unclear whether Adoption By Choice (sic), still in business despite the additional financial burdens, and Boyer (ABC's attorney) have paid any of the settlements.
Anthony Marchese, the Johnsons' Tampa attorney, said his clients were told that the agency could not pay them until it received payments from new couples willing to adopt.
It's not likely there would be any new clients; the agency's license was due to expire a few months later, on May 1. And who would trust an agency that had it's fraudulent activities broadcast far and wide for five years?

Lawmakers vs. Private Adoption Agencies
An editorial published in the March 29, 1998 issue of the St. Petersburg Times describes the battle between adoption reform legislation attempts and the lucrative adoption industry flourishing in Florida. Please note the date of this editorial and the mention – ten years before Debra West pleaded guilty to grand theft – of the accusations made against Adoptions By Choice.
Lawmakers in Tallahassee are making headway on a much-needed overhaul of Florida's adoption system, but private adoption agencies are already mobilizing for a fight. And no wonder. Some adoption agencies and lawyers are milking the system for all it's worth, and they are not eager to be weaned. In a particularly cynical move, they are now using their adoptive-parent clients as fronts, betting that lawmakers would be reluctant to disappoint desperate couples willing to pay high premiums for the chance to adopt a healthy newborn.
Legislators should not be fooled. If anything, the lobby's self-interest scheme should stiffen the state's resolve to put more safeguards in a system that for too long has escaped adequate oversight and regulation. Left mostly to their own devices, private agencies and lawyers have fostered an adoption system that comes close to baby-selling, with high costs to all parties involved -- except the middlemen, of course.
As detailed in a recent report by the Times' Stephen Nohlgren, ex-employees of Tampa's Adoption By Choice say adoptive parents are snookered into paying thousands of dollars in bogus expenses, while birth mothers are pressured into giving up their babies within hours after delivery -- with no chance to change their minds -- and birth fathers are kept in the dark until it's too late. The rush to get the birth mother to sign away her rights, and the failure to notify the birth father of his, only increase the risk that the adoption will later be challenged.
A comprehensive measure recently approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee could change the system for the better. By strengthening the rights of birth parents early on, it gives adoptive parents -- and, most important, the child -- greater stability later.
The bill would give birth mothers time to reconsider their decisions. A pregnant woman who has signed a contract to put her newborn up for adoption may change her mind once the baby arrives. Women should not be pressured to give their consent from the hospital bed, when emotions are high and resistance is low. Under the proposed legislation, birth mothers would have a week after delivery to reflect on their decision -- and to back out of an adoption contract if they changed their minds.
The measure also would give birth fathers notice of adoption plans. The "Baby Sam" case, involving a Palm Harbor man's still-ongoing attempt to regain custody of his natural son from an Alabama couple, is only the latest example of the instability and heartbreak that can result when adoptions proceed without the birth father's consent. This bill would require greater efforts to locate and to hear from those fathers.
Membership in National Council For Adoption to the Rescue?

This may explain why Debra West saw fit to enroll Adoptions By Choice in the membership of National Council For Adoption. A battle was raging to reform Florida's adoption laws, and not only were West's golden eggs in jeopardy – the geese that laid them were in danger of getting away. In addition to protecting her many incriminating secrets, the drastic changes these proposed reforms would bring would seriously curtail her baby procurement practices. She needed a bigger gun than those of her Florida agency cohorts. Who better to help her keep the lid on than NCFA?

We know that Adoptions By Choice was a NCFA member in 1996, the year Baby Sam was born and illegally placed with a Georgia couple and two years before the above editorial was published. How? We know it from the 'Directory of Member Agencies' that was downloaded from the NCFA website on September 9, 1996, as shown on the following documents: the cover page and the first page of member agency listings, beginning with Alabama. (Crossed-out agencies were noted because they were absent in a subsequent NCFA member list.) Notice the download date and time on the upper left corner of each. It also shows up, more clearly, on the bottom of the cover page, which I've enlarged here:
(I'm sorry these can't be enlarged; I uploaded the largest version permitted.)

By way of disclaimer, I make no accusation that National Council For Adoption either knew of the illegal activities of Debra West at the time her agency became a member or that NCFA would have approved of such activities had it known. Neither do I imply that all agencies which join NCFA have ulterior motives like those I suspect Debra West of having.

Perhaps the greatest point I wish to make is that, since NCFA has no vetting process for the agencies which bring their own agendas to the membership table, NCFA is neither capable of, nor authorized to, "credential" any agency for anything. (See credential claim on Commonwealth post.) It is, quite simply, a lobbying organization whose clients are members of the out-of-control adoption industry.

Next: One of NCFA's charter members sued under federal racketeering laws.

57 comments:

  1. Gee... one can only wonder if Gladney (another NCFA member) had anything to do with lobbying the Texas Legislature to obliterate previously-existing protections for alleged fathers, resulting in changes eliminating any legal need for Texas adoption professionals to identify or search for unmarried or missing babydaddies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So broken, so unethical, so hard for the future of adoptees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my name is DeeDee and I now live in Chiefland, at the time of the adoption I was in St.Pete and completely fooled as a birth mother by all these women who so swiftly used Jesus to get my baby in Jan. of 1995. I am very worried as I am aware that the family paid a great deal of money for my daughter and damn it I want to find her as she was promised. I also know that she is half Vietnamese and 1/4 Cherokee and 1/4 Scottish. She must be found as Jan. 15th 1995 she was born in St.Joseph's in Tampa, while the father was sent to Vietnam to "get over it" but I know that he came back and he phoned me looking for his daughter but the adoptive parents were both doctors so money was no object! GOD HELP ABC! PLEASE I WANT TO FIND MY DAUGHTER! DeeDee

      Delete
  3. My siblings were placed by Debra. They were twins, a boy and a girl. I miss and love them very much. What a mess this is. I often wonder if it is even possible to find them. Especially, if the information is gone. And I am a sibling with no rights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do you know their birth date

      Delete
    2. Hi, Nicole, I hope this reaches you. They were born in Jan, 1991, but given up for adoption in 1993.

      Delete
    3. I don't know if you have found your siblings, but I think I may have found something on them. I sent it to your email.

      Delete
  4. I am a birth mom that was lied to and taken advantage of by Adoption By Choice, Debra West, Nancy Nagelhought, Sara Ragland, Kristi West debs own daughter, and several others that lied to me and promised me things. It was all a lie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found both my kids since & still I suffer from PTSD wish there was something I could do to make these people pay for what they have caused. My son hates me & my daughter she wants s very funny giving.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry to learn of your victimization by these creeps, KSS1974. We know there have to be a great many victims. What is difficult is finding these disenfranchised moms and helping them deal with what was done to them. And - hopefully - find ways of protecting vulnerable pregnant women from falling prey to these unscrupulous adoption brokers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda's biological Mom! Please I am so sad to read these charges against Adoption By Choice and the name Nancy Nagelhought as she was the social worker for whom handled my adopting OUT, I am the Birth Mother, DeeDee is my name and PLEASE GOD, LET ME FIND MY DAUGHTER! Her name is Amanda I was told by Rick and Vicky her adopted parents. Amanda was born on Jan.15th 1995 in St.Joseph's hospital in Tampa FL. I lived in St. Pete and I did contact the agency and I DO NOT CARE ABOUT MONEY, I WANT TO FIND MY DAUGHTER! Amanda is half Vietnamese and half me. I gave her a gift that her Vicky wrote and said she received, and would give to Amanda at an appropriate age, and thanked me for the gift and the agency, ABC, did mail it to them in another state, so I was told. Please if you are 18 on Jan.15th or around that time and mixed race, AmerAsian, female with a brother 2 years older than you and his name I was told is Joshua, I know his birthday, at least the birthday of Joshua was from a letter from Vicky for whom I trust was really her! Please contact me ANYTIME AT 352 256 9591!!!!! I LOVE YOU! DeeDee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please Make the iPhone number for this endless hell is 3523590555

      Please any female who is very smart America-Asian born true date of birth is January 15. 1995

      Please understand that Amanda?? Real Name??? Was born three weeks early and was only 5 pounds please I understand also with your adoption on February 15 1995
      You were my best Valentine date ever our last night ever together please please call me I love you so much please call me you owe me nothing but please I miss you so much and love you every day and it's endless love my daughter please I am sorry if you are not thinking you were loved because You Are so very missed all the time please call Dee Dee Appenfeldt 🌹

      Delete
    2. My phone number for DeeDee Appenfeldt is 3523590555
      Old Town Florida

      Delete
  7. AMANDA IS THE NAME I AM LOOKING FOR, BUT THAT MAY BE A LIE TOO! HELP ME PLEASE! My Daughter must be found. I am in registries but what good is that?
    I am LOOKING FOR A HALF VIETNAMESE GIRL BORN EARLY ON JAN 15TH 1995. HER ADOPTION WAS HANDLED BY THESE BABIES THIEVES AND YES THEY PAID A LOT OF MONEY TO EVERY ONE INVOLVED!!! THE AGENCY TOOK ALMOST ALL OF THE MONEY AND LIED AND CHANGED THE RECORDS..BUT AGAIN, I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT THE AGENCY BEING SO EVIL. PLEASE IF YOU ARE AMERASIAN GIRL, BORN AS i WROTE ANY TIME BETWEEN THE TRUE BIRTH DATE OF JANUARY 15TH 1995 AND THE ADOPTION DATE OF FEB 15TH 1995 PLEASE CALL ME AT 352 256 9591 ANYTIME, PLEASE I AM SO WORRIED THAT YOU WERE SOLD OFF TO SOME MARKET OF BABIES ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD.
    THESE WOMAN, NANCY, ESPECIALLY WILL ROT IN HELL WHERE SHE BELONGS, USING A CHRISTIAN, NON FOR PROFIT ORG. TO SELL BABIES IS BEYOND WHAT I WILL ACCEPT...THIS IS A WAR AGAINST ADOPTION BY CHOICE AND ME...NANCY GOD HELP YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just now learning of these crimes. I also placed a child with a couple through this agency in 1994. Now I am worried that she will not be able to find me if she decides she wants to. All I can do is get my name out there on all the registries and hope she was given the letter I wrote her all those years ago, and that she has my name. Aimee (Sarah JoAnne) if you are out there, I am searching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They bullied me into giving up my child when I had second thoughts and rushed me out the door with a stupid gift basket the last time I was able to see him. they wouldn't let me openly communicate with the adopting parents and now I don't have any way to get ahold of them even know it was an open adoption because of this agency it breaks my heart every day please help!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw your recent addition and I too placed a healthy baby girl who is half Vietnamese and Caucasian. I am hoping this helps but for now I was told we all or as many need to go in front of a judge and ask to have the true records in the Hillsborough county Court House for that respective time and the number o of replies is a lot for how short the posting in January.


    Deedee Appenfeldt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deedee, what would be my first step toward seeing a judge in Hillsboro county?

      Delete
    2. I also would like to add that I was supposed to have an open adoption and Mary and Greg who adopted my son Mark Edward who was born on Nov 12th of 1998 and I lived in st Petersburg, fl and they lived in Virginia. If you are Mary or Greg or Know Mary or Greg and read this PLEASE respond because I have been trying to find you for years. I dinon't want anything but to know how Mark is doing and to let him know how much i love and miss him

      Delete
  11. At my adopted sons birthday dinner yesterday, he asked if we could find out more about his birth parents and sisters. We started our search by looking up his adoption agency, ABC, and your shocking blog article turned up. We had no knowledge of this at all. And yes, we paid over $30,000 for expenses ABC for supposed birth mother medical expenses.
    Does anyone know if ABC records have been saved anywhere, even as evidence in the case? Like others, we are crushed to know that their may no be any trail back to my son's origins. Standing by with hope and thanks. Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Peter,
      I am as sick at heart as you and your's, plus I have searched many sites to no avail.
      I am about to make a YouTube video..
      Legally, there is a chance of a class action lawsuit against ABC, and maybe the state of FL...but we need more people!
      There was a female attorney in Tampa, and I trashed her FB page, because the Judge gave her the rest of ABC's files and she said that she did NOT have ANY OLDER RECORDS, well I think she is bold faced liar and I told her so as my father is an attorney as well!
      Peter I can be reached at 352 221 0522 and call should you need info. or find any good news!
      Seriously, I am turning to the social networks!
      Best of luck and PRAYERS!
      Dee Dee Appenfeldt

      Delete
    2. Hi Dee DEE
      MY NAME IS TONYA MY SON WAS PLACED BY ABC BACK IN 1996 AND SINCE HE IS NOW OLD ENOUGH TO SEARCH FOR HIM I ATTEMPTED TO REACH ABC ONLY TO FIND THIS BLOG WITH THE DISTURBING NEWSOF THE DIRECTOR SO I WANTED TO JOIN WITH OTHER BIRTH MOMS IN PETITIONING THE JUDGE TO REVEAL OUR CHILDRENS ADOPTIONS SO THAT MY SON CAN HAVE THE OPTION OF LOCATING ME IF HE WANTS TO I CAN BE REACHED AT 862-754-9537 CALL ANYTIME I WILL BE CONTACTING THE COURTHOUSE TO REQUEST A HEARING AND I WILL REPORT THE OUTCOME GOD ALL THE MOMS AND CHILDREN

      Delete
    3. My name is Shellie Tandarich. My daughter was born on 10/21/1991 in Jacksonville Florida. I want to find her and do not know where to go. She was placed by ABC adoption agency and I was told the birth parents were named Jim and Robin. If anyone can help reach out to me at shellietandarich@gmail.com

      Delete
  12. I MEANT MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS AND KEEP ALL THE BIRTH FAMILIES INVOLVED WITH ABC AND THE PRECIOUS CHILDREN ENTRUSTED TO THEM

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband and I adopted twin boys from ABC in 1994. Does anyone know what has happened to the records of this agency? Have they been transferred to another agency? As adoptive parents I believe we have a right to know where the records are (if they even exist anymore) in the event our children need medical or other information. Since we signed papers agreeing to an "open adoption" if the birthmother wanted to, shouldn't we know where the adoption records are? Thanks for any comments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. my name is nicole maoney i was adopted as a baby through this agency and i wish to find my birth family my birth mother theres so much i need to know and i beleve it was a open adoption but the state has a hold of it now and now that have it they have turned it to a closed case so i cant get the info i need my birth was december 13 1992 i was told i was born at bay view in port richey florida please help me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How are you doing? Any suggestions success? I am a birth mother who is completely disgusted with the state of Florida and how ALL of us are just getting treated like a piece of crap! I pray for a miracle but the list of people looking only grows with every year and we have been treated like a defendant in a case Meanwhile, you need to know your truths about a lot as does my daughter and God how sick at heart about this agency
      Not going to allow this
      It's plain wrong Florida!

      Delete
    2. Nicole, do you know your birthmother’s first name?

      Delete
  15. My name is Shellie Tandarich. My daughter was born October 21st 1991 in Jacksonville Florida. Your adoptive parents was named Jim and Robin. ABC was the adoption agency. If anyone can tell me how to locate files to find her please contact me at shellietandarich@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a Biological brother who was placed trough ABC and the woman my Mother dealt with was I believe her name to be Noel. My mom was pressured all the way through te pregnancy and even the delivery. She is not seeking to know or see him but I am. His name was Bryan and he was born July 5, 1996 in Port Orange/ Daytona Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have a brother who was placed through ABC and my mom dealt with Noel. I couldn't remember her name until I read your post. My brother's name is Caleb and was born on May 25,1998 in Orlando Florida in Florida hospital. Have you had any luck locating your brother?

      Delete
  17. I can be reached at brandyastacio@yahoo.com
    The adoptive parents had reddish/blondish hair and were Packers fans and from pictures I believe had a brick house.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am the biological auntie to a boy born on 1-20-1993 ( January 20, 1993). This adoption was conducted through Adoption by choice and all of his family is very interested in finding him. His biological mother (Mariah) received letters for the first year of his life. In these letters I can tell you a little about his adoptive family. The adoptive family named him Alexander. His adoptive mother and father are David and Bonnie. David is a financial adviser. Alexander has another adoptive brother named Justin. Justin in 2 years older than Alexander. If anyone has information regarding Alexander or his adoptive family please call Amanda (the birth mom's sister at (863-398-8534). Does anyone know if the letters and pictures that were sent to the birth parents are real? Has anyone investigated this yet? Also, is there any update on the release of records?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You nailed that question about the first year photos and letters about if they're REAL !!!
      Imho Hell No
      Because my daughter was born January 15 1995 and I bought it all but not anymore because reading your reply Amanda, the name my daughter is supposed to have you mentioned a two year old Justin and my God if I was not told and written about how much her two year old brother Justin was adopted and they loved each other and on and on
      I'm certain those letters and my pics were not my daughter please God help 🌹

      Delete
    2. I was adopted through this agency. I know my adoptive father said they sent picture to my biological mother for the first year of my life.

      Delete
  19. https://www.facebook.com/Adoption-By-Choice-Reunion-1534839873493306/?ref=hl

    Just created this facebook. Feel free to like, post pics, and information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adopted my daughter through Adoption By Choice agency in Tampa.She was born September 4 1993 at Tampa General Hospital. We would love to find her biological mother. Any information would be great. Thanks. Michele

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  20. deedeeappenfeldt@icloud.com

    3523590555


    Dee Dee Dylan Appenfeldt



    America-Asian female please
    Real date of birth is January 15 1995 only 5 pounds please contact me your mom and I want nothing please I just want to hug you please I am begging you to find me Dee Dee
    I Love You Maile was the name I gave you please find me God help us 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi looking for birth mother and father from Brandon fl mothers name is Angela and fathers name is Jason i was born June 24th 1993 and was adopted by tom and Barbara I look just like my birth mother. if you see this please respond thanks
    Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi looking for birth mother and father from Brandon fl mothers name is Angela and fathers name is Jason i was born June 24th 1993 and was adopted by tom and Barbara I look just like my birth mother. if you see this please respond thanks
    Matthew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matthew I will be praying your parents or at 1 of them is following this as I have been here since my daughters 18th birthday and so far nothing and it's now like a cold case, she probably is dead, and for the State of Florida, You Are Evil as is our Attorney General Pamela Jo Bondi who has no kids, never liked kids, divorced twice and playing a virgin up in Tallahassee doing nothing except taking Trumps $25,000 and it's all illegal right AG Bondi but you can do nothing about these missing children under your Rule of Law, Bondi,we were in the same sorority in college so I definitely know you are going to let each one of us die and you don't give a damn, have another drink for me as your a fake and flake, I would be proud to die for my child , and I should maybe something will eventually get done for these other people. Bondi you hate kids, family and you suck so I can meet God in good faith this is my final farewell to this bullshit! Deedee

      Delete
  23. Looking for a female who is America and Vietnamese who was born in Tampa on January 15 1995 please where are the adoption records so this nightmare can end, please we are being denied any rights given that our children were either stolen sold off, wrong names we were given..like Amanda is the name I'm told but does anyone know why'd we ever believe this whole lie and baby stealing that no one cares about I guess I'm alone giving up in pure hell with nothing to lose when you have lost everything.
    Thanks Florida,
    Your Native Child...Deedee

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello! My name is Dave, and her birth mothers name is Meghan. I am looking for my daughter Katie. Her parents names are Rich and Barbara from Washington state. She was born September 1997. Both myself and her mother kept in touch with the family for a few years until ABC went out of business. Please, if anyone knows anything, my email isdurwood76@gmail.com, cell (941) 993-7137. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. My name is Lorraine. I have been searching for my son who was placed with an amazing family via abc. This news sickens me and leaves me feeling helpless. My son was born on July 24th 1996 and his parents names are Craig and Cindy. He also has a older sister Angela. His birth name was Anthony Michael changed to Marcus Leon.
    Son I miss you daily. My heart aches to hear your voice! You have 2 brothers and 2 sisters and I prey someday they will be blessed to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. My name is Caroline Rule. I was put up for adoption by my mother, Melissa. I was born 1999 and the adoption was through THESE SICK PEOPLE! Someone! Anyone! HELP ME FIND MY mom.

    ReplyDelete
  27. My name is Caroline Rule. I was put up for adoption by my mother, Melissa. I was born 1999 and the adoption was through THESE SICK PEOPLE! Someone! Anyone! HELP ME FIND MY mom.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I used this center in, 1998 to place my child up for adoption because I couldn’t care for her financially, I was 17 & estranged from my family. Pretty much on the streets. I was never contacted to reclaim my child. After reuniting with “adult child” I came to learn that her adopted mother was best friends with this woman. What a nightmare. The reunion was horrible too. Adoption is the biggest human trafficking ring in the USA. I am
    super sadden by the outcome of adoptions all together.

    ReplyDelete
  29. My husband and I were victims too (along with many other couples around the country)...but on the other side having given thousands of dollars in hopes of adopting a child.

    ReplyDelete
  30. My adopted son's birthday is
    June 18th,1995
    We're looking for birtmother..her name is Linda..We adopted him from ABC

    ReplyDelete
  31. I was adopted from ABC November 19th 1996. I was able to find my birth parents but I am looking for my sister who was adopted i believe in 1998 maybe to a family in GA. Our moms name is Helena.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I was born on February 13th, 1995 supposedly in an ambulance in the Polk County area. The social and medical history I have gives me a glimpse of descriptions. I'm searching for any of my biological family. I know i have a brother who is two and a half years older (30 yrs now) and two half siblings, one on my mothers side and one on dads side. They are both 15 years older (42 y/o now). My mom was 5'2 and 98 lbs when she had me and my dad was 5'7 around 160. I'm lanky and tall myself. My mom has 5 siblings; 3 brothers and 2 sisters. My mom should be 60 years old now if all the social history they gave me is true. My mom is said to have brown eyes and brown hair and my dad has blue eyes with brown hair. My dad was an only child so it seems like the majority of family will be maternal. If anybody is searching and sees this, I would love to make the connection if it's mutual. lbdavis21395@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete